Curcumin is from Jiang Ke, Araceae in the roots of certain plants in the extraction of a chemical component, where in the turmeric containing about 3% to 6%, the plant kingdom scarce has two ketone pigment, as of two ketones compounds. Curcumin as the orange yellow crystalline powder, slightly bitter taste. Insoluble in water.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid of the popular Indian spice turmeric. The other two curcuminoids are desmethoxycurcumin and bis-desmethoxycurcumin. The curcuminoids are natural phenols and are responsible for the yellow color of turmeric.
Turmeric is a herbaceous plant, by modern medicine and traditional medicine both support; andefficacy with a complete, totally no side effects, and edible. Chinese people always use it to maintain health andhealing. The main active ingredient in turmeric called curcumin, has long been used as anti-inflammatory drugs still in use. Modern scientific research confirms that turmeric is the best medicine-for the disease of moderncivilization has a variety of special medical effects. Origin in southern Asia, India or Indonesia, etc.
Functions of Curcumin :
Curcumin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal actions. Studies have shown that curcumin is not toxic to humans. Curcumin exerts anti-inflammatory activity by inhibition of a number of different molecules that play an important role in inflammation. Turmeric is effective in reducing post-surgical inflammation. Turmeric helps to prevent atherosclerosis by reducing the formation of bloods clumps
1. Curcumin mainly used in many foods as a coloring in mustard, cheese, beverages and cakes;
2. Curcumin used for dyspepsia, chronic anterior uveitis and Helicobacter pylori bacteria;
3. Curcumin used as a topical analgesic, and for colic, hepatitis, ringworm and chest pain.
4. With the function of improving blood circulation and treating amenorrhea;
5. With the function of lipid-lowering, anti-inflammatory, choleretic, anti-tumor and anti-oxidation;
6. Curcumin contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
7. Curcumin has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver;
8. With the function of treating women dysmenorrhea and amenorrhea.
Applications of Curcumin :
1. As medicines raw materials for anti-inflammatory and regulating menstruation,
it is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
2. As products of health products, it is widely used in the field of health care products;
3. As pigments, food additives of seasoning, it is mainly used in cosmetic industry