Each variety has a unique taste. The Phuc Trach pomelo has the distinguishable sweet taste of the glucose that is dissolved in the fruit and a fresh taste that slightly permeates your body and makes your spirit light. There are many different scents and tastes of the Tan Trieu pomelo. The thanh tra is mildly sweet and somewhat acidic. The buoi duong (pomelo as sweet as sugar) is very sweet. The buoi xiem (Siamese pomelo) has a rosy core and a light sweet taste.
In Dong Thap Province (Plain of Rushes), there is a variety of pomelo that does not have any seeds, called nam roi. When it ripens, it bears a yellow colour and is as sweet as the buoi duong.
Health Benefits of Pomelos:
1. Prevents Urinary Tract Infection: Urinary Tract infection is a bacterial infection that affects the urinary system that creates stores and removes urine. Increased consumption of pomelo juice helps to fight this particular frequent swelling in pregnant women. The Vitamin C present in pomelo increases the acid level in urine and shirks the development of bacteria in the urinary tract.
2. Promotes healing: Wound recovery practise suggests recovering strength of wounded tissue by replacing the dead tissue with a healthy tissue. Enzyme in Vitamin C helps in the development of Collagen, a protein that fortifies skin making it skin flexible and initiating wound recovery.
3. Healthy gums:
Bleeding and loose gums might be a symbol of Vitamin C deficiency. Collagen development is not just essential for skin, but also essential for creating healthy and balanced gums and teeth. Pomelo helps to make the gums stronger and keeps teeth problems at bay.
4. Heart health: Pomelo has a high content of potassium, which like Vitamin C plays an important role in supporting the heart. This essential mineral regulates blood pressure levels. Abundant in pectin, pomelo juice clears the arterial deposits accumulated in the body, thereby reducing the impurities and benefiting people with hypertension. Pomelo also reduces the cholesterol count in the body and promotes good cholesterol.
5. Prevents anaemia: Research has shown that Vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron in body. Iron deficiency often leads to anaemia i.e. shortage of blood in body. Having a diet rich in Vitamin C helps to combat iron loss and improves blood circulation.
6. Wards off cold and flu: Eating fresh pomelo fruit or drinking pomelo juice, can help prevent toxins and free radical cells from building up in the body. Too many free radicals in the body can cause health conditions like cold, flu, asthma, bacterial infection, allergies and so on. Vitamin C is one of the nutrients which stimulates the action of antibodies and immune cells which guard the body against bacteria that cause cold and flu.
7. Fights cancer: The skin of pomelo is very rich in bioflavonoids which fights cancer and helps to reduce pancreatic, intestinal and breast cancer. It also stops cancer from spreading by enabling the body to eliminate excess oestrogen. Fiber, present in pomelo protects from colon cancer.
8. Fights Anti ageing: Pomelo, like grapefruits contain spermadine which protect the cell from processes related to ageing and cell damage. It combats wrinkles and skin ageing and makes the skin appear youthful, fair and soft. It not only removes free radicals that harm the skin, but also assists the body to boost the production of collagen.
9. Weight loss: Fiber is extremely significant for weight loss. Foods high in fiber stays in the stomach for a longer time and reduces regular hunger pangs. They also need more chewing time giving the body longer time to feel satisfied and reducing the risk of too much eating. This fruit also has properties which help to burn the fat reducing the starch and sugar content in the body.
10. Prevents osteoporosis: Uncontrolled osteoporosis can affect posture, bodily movements as well as flexibility. Treatment for brittle bones calls for a diet rich in calcium and minerals to encourage new bone development. The pulp of pomelo boosts bone health and decreases the potential risk of building brittle bones.
11. Aids digestion: The high Vitamin C content in pomelo retains the elasticity of arteries and improves the digestive system. Although the food has high ascorbic acid content, it produces an alkaline reaction once digested. Pomelo is filled with dietary fiber which assists in preserving normal bowel motions and avoids haemorrhoids.
VIET DONG PHAT Co. LTD Business Address: 90/5 Yen The, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Vietnam.